Monday, March 12, 2007

Not So Seriously...




I was musing some about deleting last weeks post... It was a difficult week...
But a friend and mentor reminded me to be more aware of not taking it all so seriously; and where is it written that others are not entitled to their opinions; and also that such comments are actually what I myself invited anyway, and maybe may learn the most from, if I just relax and listen...
It would seem my challenge within this quest is to be passionate without being preoccupied, that this is a climb in itself to consider things important but not overly, that this is an adventure too in believing so much in stewardship without pushing my own attitudes upon others...
I recall the great human Ghandi, who wrote: "Almost everything you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it". And also what Bernbaum meant by: "Rather than conquer the mountain, the climber vanquishes himself, much as a hermit or yogi overcomes the enemy of his own pride and arrogance on the way...".
So much more to learn about adventures, giving back, myself, and others...
DSD
(Images by: Top - Brown; Center - Marrott; Bottom - Henry)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey D,
Keep on musing and painting!
You Know Who!

Anonymous said...

Very cool blog

Unknown said...

Thanks D & Terri,
I intend to do just that...
DSD