Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Embracing Motives....."



"But if adventure has a final and all embracing motive it is surely this: We go out because it is in our nature to go out and climb mountains and to sail the seas, to fly the planets and plummet into the depths of the oceans. By doing these things we may touch with something outside or behind, which strangely seems to approve our doing them. We extend our horizon, we expand our being, we revel in the mastery of ourselves." W. Noyce


Embracing why... we embrace our selves...
DSD

My thanks to S. Alvarez for the top image above and to B. Hatcher for the lower image.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

I just have to tell you that I love everything about your blog! i attached a link to it in my own blog.

I am so taken by your summit stones and think they are brilliant. What a wonderful thing you are doing and thank you for that!

Andra

Anonymous said...

In doing anything we strive mastery over ourselves. Indeed, I cannot claim to support mastery of the environment, or of others, but I can always strive to master myself.