Sunday, July 03, 2011

"The Time When We Throw Two Shadows..."





There are very special high points of land, and as many such secret locations near the sea - where on certain days, during specific dates and seasons, that if we stand in a knowing way, we will throw two very different shadows... A few I know who wander out there, seek out these enlightening moments for the mystery, the fun, and the metaphors of meaning they inherently hold out for us... The visual image before us in those brief moments as we watch our shared shadow grow, and begin to move, is so wonderfully amazing. Just as intriguing are the meanings that wanderers give to this momentary elementally visual art... When sharing around campfires about these dual shadow experiences, I have listened closely while others have mused over and then discovered their own special meanings for this. These many representations have reflected personally poetic images of things something like: being in two places at once; of things from out there to those back here; from the many wild things who could be our totem shadows; in being both novice and experienced while wandering; in aspects of day & night or sun & moon; much as well about the yin & yang of confidence & doubt; and within things too of being young & old whether of age or spirit... So many parts of our inner and outer selves, all to be discovered, visualized, and found Dear Finders in those very special wild places and moments when we throw two long elemental shadows..... DSD

2 comments:

Barry said...

This is not a place I have visited. Even though I read the post several times, it does not reflect an experience I can recollect but I am thankful you made me aware so I can search deeper for that level of spiritual connection with the wilderness. I think being a man slows me down ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Barry, I've wandered some secret places out there that have made for some very spiritual connections as well...
Your thoughts prompted my next post for this week...
DSD