Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Summit Stones & The Adventure Muse...

Summit Stones & The Adventure Muse...
Just posting a note from my other Blog that describes my intentions...
I call these small rocks "Summit Stones". These 'Stones' and the 'Muse' are only usually placed when out on some adventure. I have on occasion sent off a few "Summit Stones" to folks who are doing things who 'give back'.
Over the years, after gathering many of these rocks on coastlines, islands, beaches, summits, trails, and around waterfalls, I decided to splash a bit of paint upon them and give them back. Actually someone said something to me that helped me decide to do so. Putting a bit of paint on them was just my way of expressing ideas around the elements. The "Adventure Muse" was put together with quotes and perspectives discovered on many kinds of journeys as well as to share some thoughts about what the "Summit Stone" elements might mean. The quotes reflect upon the nature of adventure experiences...
I hope folks simply accept these small gifts in the spirit they were made in. I have placed them countless times with a summit register, on a deserted beach, at a trailhead, on a rocky shoreline, or even on another adventurers' car windshield when I've finished a journey and wanted to share some of it, even just anonymously...
This is not some kind of marketing gimmick. The stones are as real as they feel; the words of the Muse are as real as each of us might make them...They are just an offering and people will make of them what they will...
My hope is that the spirit and meaning folks create for themselves out on adventures will be forever present, and maybe they just might give something back of their own to the wilderness that gives each of us so much...
DSD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Traxx...
Your post has got me musing again; especially more about passing things along....
Might need to journal a bit more on this....
Don't you just love reading by an old wood stove...Sometimes I do more gazing than reading...
DSD