Thursday, July 31, 2008

"A Second Year Waypoint..."




Interesting how the course of one's life can be seen through the journey of some simple stones...
Here is a recent Finders comment: "Wow! I said when I found my summit stone and a muse in the summit register. Wow! It took me a long time to get up here. I wondered how long this was there and how far it had come. The view from the summit looks like the painting on the rock. That got another wow! You came a long ways to put this here DSD. Thank you very much."
Dennis from Yosemite.
Dennis's comment gave me real pause this adventure season, as his words seemed full of both enthusiasm and insight...
I am just listening to a certain piece of music; pondering over the last many years of placing; musing about these two passed years of blogging; recalling those memorable moments of connecting with Finders; while learning of their adventures and how the journey of a small painted cobble has become part of their lives... I never realised when beginning with my simple intentions how this would become key to understanding my own waypoints along this long journey...
Many of these Summit Stones have come a further ways than any of my longest trails; more time and distance than any trek; higher than many climbs; and a longer course than any paddle route... What was just a piece of rock, just a stone, is no longer... Just like what we each often go through in our own lives when adventuring out there... When I look back over these many seasons, I often ponder with wonder about how did I get here, and what has or hasn't happened along the way. Then I try to look beyond, about this passing forward endeavor, towards what I think we may all wish to be, and muse over where do I want to go now and what will I need for that journey...
These are all my hopes for you as well, Dear Finders, that while wandering towards the horizon, you wonder in your mind over such musings that are important for you...
Don't you just love the mystery of it all...
As Dennis said, we have come a long way haven't we... Yet, much is left to learn about out there... so much yet to enjoy out in the wild places... so many adventures, inner and outer challenges to experience... and a long, long ways to go still...
DSD
My sincere appreciation again to Google & Blogger.com for the opportunity to become part of this online adventure community: http://summitstonesadventuremusings.blogspot.com/2007/07/google-and-blogger-thanks.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the years float by, you always seem to look back and question yourself, but that Buddha quote is a way in which you can get around that.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your messages at this waypoint...
I'm off to gather more stones from secret places; to beach walk and ponder; to muse and wonder...
DSD