Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Seeing......."




"The whole secret of the study of nature lies in learning how to use one's eyes...". G. Sand
"We take from nature what we cannot see". T. Roethke
I often ponder over... Do we really sense the value of what has been perceived out there...
Do we truly feel and comprehend what we have experienced within the wild places...
Thus the importance of musing...
An Outward Bound Instructor shared with me years ago, that many seasons had passed before she was really able to know and understand... all of what she had 'seen' out in the wild places...
I think I am beginning to see what she meant...
DSD
My thanks to Casey at 'Modern Hiker' for his Motivation category of posts and the above pictures from his Flickr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to use the old Sherlock Holmes addage, "No, Watson. You have seen all that I have seen, but I observed more than you did." This allows you to take in more of your surroundings and realize the little things that can make nature beautiful.