Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"Adventure Expressions....."


"The passionate creed of all adventurers regarding life is the expression of desire... perceived as a fullness of meaning... I know that I don't ask during or after strong experiences what I am living for. It is as if I can feel meaning in my body, as if I catch sight of it in the wilderness like a clear thought." R. Messner
It is a paradoxical, beautiful irony of sorts when...
We journey to the wild unknown places only to then discover something out about ourselves...
We often lose ourselves out among the outdoors in order to find the most meaningful things...
We push so hard towards an elusive goal when in so many ways we are already there...
We often discover after... what was really faced during... and the world we believed in shifts yet again.......
DSD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Thank you.
How about the irony of going to a place you've been to before, but it looks different every time you go there?
The transformative quality of nature is what revives me.
Instead of seeing life as "a journey, not a destination", I often look at it as "the transformations within the journey to a destination that may change at any moment ;)