Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Earth Teach Me To Remember..."

Below is a reading from the Ute Peoples of North America, as quoted by P.Novak.
A wonderful musing for pondering over adventure, life lessons learned, and experiences remembered, as we approach our shared Day for the Earth.
It could be said that the Ute Peoples were among the first climbers, canyoneers, and rock artists out in these wild lands.
 
"Earth teach me to remember...
Earth teach me stillness
as the grasses are stilled by light.
Earth teach me suffering
as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility
as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring
as the mother who secures her young.
Earth teach me courage
as the tree which stands all alone.
Earth teach me limitation
as the ant which crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom
as the eagle which soars in the sky.
Earth teach me resignation
as the leaves which die in the fall.
Earth teach me regeneration
as the seed which rises in the spring.
Earth teach me forget myself
as the melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me kindness
as dry fields weep with rain."
 
Metaphors with such meaning.
Each day a new beginning.
Every day something worth learning.
All adventures within themselves... DSD 
 

No comments: