Thursday, April 30, 2015

"Giving Back For Nepal..."


"If not you; then who... If not now; then when..."
I don't recall exactly when I heard these words or from whom they are attributed to, but they have stayed with me. Another quote that has invited an adventure of another kind into my life.
We all come up with ideas and goals and such.
Then we typically make one of those 'lists'.
I have made my share of many of these.
M. Bane wrote: "The List...will take on a life of its own, will change everything it touches, take me places I'd only imagined. It will allow me to reach out and touch...something. Something desirable; something mythical...".
But as JP MacKinnon also wrote: "A life list is, in the end, nothing more than a tool to look back on our lives and consider how we spent our brief moments on Earth. And what if, in those final breaths you realize - I never gave anything back".
We can reflect upon what these two adventurers and authors are inviting us to think about.
For any 'list' always has room, even for a small act of giving back.
Like giving back for Nepal in their time of most need... DSD

No comments: